Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service
- 145 training programs
- 293 budget places
- 700 paid places
- from 139000 rub. for 4 years
Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service
VSUES is one of the strongest economic universities in the country, located in the Far Eastern Federal District. The achievements of the university year after year are confirmed by significant awards, grants and awards, both regional and federal and international. VSUES is not only a high-quality, modern higher education, but also a guarantee of the maximum learning effect: 70% of VSUES graduates find jobs immediately after graduation. The secret is that VSUES is the only higher education institution in the country where a unique model of practice-integrated education is implemented, which allows to combine theory with practice, knowledge with competencies, therefore employers are interested in young specialists with a VSUES diploma who do not need to retrain, retrain, “limit ".
For 50 years of history, VSUES not only became one of the universities leading in higher education in Russia, but also became a vivid business card of Vladivostok. The student campus of the university, located in the very center of the city, serves as an open creative space for residents and guests of the city. A magnificent park, an arboretum, a Japanese rock garden, a museum and exhibition complex, a premium Champion sports complex, a modern medical clinic Lotos, an Underground theater, youth studios and associations, shopping complexes, numerous cafes are all nearby. The university has everything for successful study, rest and creative development. It is comfortable, beautiful and, very importantly, safe here: the surveillance and security system of VSUES is one of the most advanced.
Education trend. VSUES started developing online courses
The author's electronic courses are being developed by teachers at VSUES One of the first to prepare video materials for open educational platforms was Andrei Golobokov, associate professor at the Department of Economics and Management of VSUES. His course consists of lectures, interviews with experts in international affairs, materials of scientific articles and developed tests that evaluate students for various indicators.
- The course is prepared on the theme "Russia, China and the United States in the Asia-Pacific Region." After passing all the modules (this is 17 school weeks), students take a test and receive certificates. The materials are in English, therefore they are intended for those who are studying English and being trained in the field of “International Relations”. The course is suitable for applicants, bachelors and undergraduates. It is assumed that this course will replace one of the disciplines in the “International Relations” of VSUES. After passing through all the modules, the student will be able to get a credit, - explains Andrei Golobokov .
Currently, the development of open electronic courses are engaged in several university teaching teams. They prepare video materials on four courses, two of which are in English, and two in Russian. Online courses are supposed to be published on open platforms early next year.
- The task of our university is to prepare and place copyright online courses from each department on open platforms in two years. So far, only four original courses are being developed. Andrei Golobokov’s course corresponds to the “International Relations” course of study, the other three are informational and educational. From the Russian Language Department and the Preparatory Department for Foreign Citizens - “Far Eastern Mosaic” (nature, geography, history of Vladivostok); from the Institute of Foreign Languages - course on the "History of Vladivostok"; from the Department of Philosophy and Legal Psychology - the course “As I Understand Philosophy,” says Rector Advisor Vladimir Kryukov .
According to Vladimir Kryukov, online courses are an indicator of the high professionalism of teachers. Electronic learning materials are what students want to use today. At the same time, such an approach to education does not at all exclude and does not replace personal communication with the teacher, but is only an alternative or additional option for acquiring knowledge.
- The second task of our university is the transition to the use of teaching and methodological support in digital form, including the creation of e-learning courses available in the university’s corporate training system. Currently, about 200 e-courses have been created at VSUES. Starting from this year, we decided to raise the quality of courses used in blended learning technology, based on a combination of full-time learning formats with various types of teacher and student interaction in the e-learning system. The task of blended learning is the rejection of knowledge translation and the introduction of a new pedagogical model based on mentoring and redefining educational tasks solved in the classroom with the participation of a teacher-mentor and students working independently, explains Vladimir Kryukov .
VSUES and Vostochnaya Verf have mastered the new format of training for the shipbuilding industry
The President of VSUES, Doctor of Economics, Professor Gennady Lazarev, together with Acting Governor of Primorye Territory Oleg Kozhemyako, took part in a meeting of the Primorye branch of the Union of Journalists of Russia. More than 70 correspondents, editors, press secretaries from Artem, Arsenyev, Ussuriysk, Pogranichny and other districts of the region gathered at the round table.
The platform for a meeting of journalists and editors from all over the region was a large shipbuilding enterprise - VGUES partner - Vostochnaya Verf.
Gennady Lazarev at the very beginning of the meeting noted:
- The peculiarity of the VSUES cooperation with the “Eastern Shipyard” is that we managed to find a solution to the personnel problems of the plant. Our university participates in the training of specialists in demand and works for the future, providing personnel for the shipbuilding industry. A few years ago, we opened the Training Welding Center of VSUES on the basis of JSC East Shipyard. At the disposal of students is the newest training and production workshop with high-tech equipment, two training classes with simulators (welders) and with software.
Gennady Lazarev spoke in detail about the new format of training in the field of “Engineering and technology of shipbuilding and water transport” at the College of Service and Design of VSUES: students are taught general education at the college, and special subjects are taught at the Welding Center at the plant. Students are trained by masters of KSD and engineering specialists of Vostochnaya Verf OJSC.
After successful graduation from college, the student is awarded the qualification "Shipbuilding Technician". Plus to this - students have the opportunity to get several working professions - “Welder-sudokoruspusnik”, “Shipbuilder-sudokoruspusnik”, etc.
Considering that the Eastern Shipyard is provided with state defense orders, it is prestigious and profitable to work at the enterprise. Now more than 20 graduates of KSD work at the Eastern Shipyard, many of them get higher education in VSUES, graduate Dmitry Shigolin has grown to become the head - he works as head of the assembly, welding and hull forming section. Wages are decent and stable.
“We have an exceptional experience in training target students,” said Gennady Lazarev. - VSUES is the only economic university in the country that participates in training programs for the military-industrial complex (DIC). Within the framework of the project of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation for the third time, won for the third time, VSUES trains 48 specialists for the Dalzavod Ship Repair Center, Izumrud Defense Plant, Vostochnaya Verf OJSC.
Excursions to the shipyards of the shipyard and the Training Center of VSUES were organized for journalists. At the end of the meeting, the participants received a book about the University “Ahead of Time”, issued for the anniversary of the VSUES Gennady Lazarev.
Project activity of VSUES: university and business cooperation
A unified seminar for accountants and business executives was held at VSUES. The University acted as a platform for the presentation of the program "1C: Accounting 8" from the innovation center "Sofus".
The event is aimed at cooperation of VSUES with business representatives. The task is to present projects to entrepreneurs and proceed to their implementation.
- Our university has entered a new stage in practical integrated learning. Today's students, before coming to the employer with a diploma, begin to participate in project activities from the second year under the guidance of their teachers. “Students join the workflow and learn exactly those competencies that the enterprise will need in the future,” said Sergey Golikov , vice-rector for educational and research work at VSUES .
At the seminar, heads of departments at VSUES, leading employees and directors of institutes presented specific projects jointly implemented with commercial companies. For example, the Department of Economics and Management audits personnel processes, the Department of Mathematics and Modeling analyzes and optimizes business processes of a company, the Department of International Marketing and Trade provides consulting services in the field of customs regulation and product safety. VSUES has been working with completely different customers and in various areas for more than a year.
- Tomorrow, a group of our teachers from the Department of Economics and Management will begin to carry out a personnel audit and get acquainted with the Spasskcement companies. If before the department performed such tasks mainly within the framework of diploma works, now, thanks to project activities, students together with teachers have been doing this since the fourth semester, ”commented the head of the Start-Career Center, Victoria Nikolayeva .
Students of the International Institute of Tourism and Hospitality commissioned by the regional administration developed five tourist and recreational complexes, including the Primorsk Ring, and ten routes for the Primoravtotrans travel agency, and are now working on routes commissioned by the Human Capital Development Agency in the Far East. In addition, they have developed and are beginning to implement a very large project for the Bikin National Park.
Students of the Institute of Service, Fashion and Design are creating urban improvement projects, and students studying Aviation Services are starting to develop business etiquette for Aurora and create a new image for its employees.
Negotiations on cooperation VSUES holds almost every week. Not so long ago, representatives of the Institute of Service, Fashion and Design met with the international company “Leroy Merlin”, the opening of which will take place in April 2019. And immediately after the opening, the creation of a student design bureau is planned, in which VSUES students will be able to do an internship.
VSUES entered the TOP-10 and TOP-500 best educational institutions of the country in 2018
VSUES was included in the ranking of the best educational institutions of Russia in 2018 that implement secondary vocational education programs.
The Main Information and Computing Center (GIVC) of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation published analytical materials on the results of the monitoring of the quality of training in 2018 for educational organizations implementing secondary vocational education programs and formed the TOP 10 ranking of the best institutions in the RF subjects and in the TOP-500 in the RF as a whole. The monitoring is aimed at improving the system of secondary vocational education in the Russian Federation.
4676 universities, colleges and branches provided data on their activities for monitoring. The results were formed according to groups of indicators characterizing: educational activities, international activities, the level of training of graduates of educational programs of secondary vocational education, infrastructure, financial and economic activities, staffing, employment of graduates of educational programs of secondary vocational education, the implementation of APE programs, social responsibility. Of the 82 indicators, 16 core ones are allocated, which have target values determined by the middle of an ordered sample of non-zero values of the indicators within the industry-specific group.
In the Primorsky Territory, 73 educational organizations that implement open source software programs, including 6 universities with 13 branches, took part in the monitoring of 2018. 4 universities and 4 branches were included in the TOP-10 of the subject of the Russian Federation.
VSUES with branches in the city of Nakhodka and Artem leads among all educational organizations of the region in the number of non-zero targets (15 out of 16) and in the number of indicators whose values exceed the median values (8 in the head and branch in Artem, 10 in branch in Nakhodka). In this way, VSUES with branches are rated as having a high degree of implementation and development of secondary vocational education programs and are included in the TOP-10 rating of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation, and the university branch in Nakhodka also entered the TOP-500 in the country.
Monitoring indicators of training, as opposed to monitoring the effectiveness of universities, are not used to determine the ineffectiveness of an organization, but they are annually revised and refined to qualitatively evaluate the implementation of secondary vocational education programs in universities and colleges in the country in accordance with the requirements and challenges facing in front of the ACT system. Thus, 40% of the 2018 indicators were changed to the previous year, a new criterion “Social responsibility” was introduced. In this regard, organizations implementing programs of open source software should focus on achieving the maximum number of non-zero values from the number of selected targets and on their maximum implementation. Institutions of higher education have to orient their educational attainment of the target indicators of two monitoring systems at once: higher education programs and secondary vocational education programs.
VSUES and branches successfully cope with this task and for the third year in a row are the leaders of the vocational education system in the Primorsky Krai in terms of the number of non-zero and completed indicators.